Born: 1986 – 2011
approved for all Registries
For Pleasure was ambitious and good-natured, and he was always focused while training and competing. His personality and success have made him an extraordinary horse. For Pleasure was a breeding stallion and has produced successful offspring competing at the Grand Prix level.
For Pleasure was Marcus’ most successful horse. Together they have won several medals and achieved innumerable victories and placings.
For Pleasure was retired from the sport at the “CHIO 2006” in Aachen in May 2006. He was a breeding stallion at home with the Ehning family.
Karina Ehning remained in charge of For Pleasure, her favourite horse in the barn, and ensured a pleasant retirement, a special treatment for an extraordinary horse.
His favourite song was, by the way, the German national anthem and his nickname was “Freddy”.
For Pleasure -> Furioso II / Grannus / Goya
2000 Gold medal at the Olympic Games in Sydney with the Team and 4th place in the individual standings
1999 and 2003 Gold medal at the European Championships in Hickstead and Donaueschingen with the team
2003 Bronze medal at the European Championships in Donaueschingen in the individual standings
10 international Grand Prix wins
7 Nation Cup wins for Germany
– Lifetime winnings: 1.843.652,- Euro
– Four championship victories in eight years with the German showjumping team
– Four times winner of team gold; 1996 Games, 2000 Games and European Championships at Hickstead and Donaueschingen
– Individual bronze with Marcus Ehning at Donaueschingen
– Winner of 75 S-level classes
– Winner of his last Grand Prix (Leipzig round of World Cup) at the age of 18
– He competed against two of this own progeny, For Keeps and Farina at the 2005 Wiesbaden Grand Prix
2010 For Pleasure had an FN jumping index of 153 and a dressage ranking of 101.
Hanoverian Index; 162 for jumping and 100 for dressage
For Pleasure is # 12 in the 2013 WBFSH show jumping sires rankings